Saturday, January 18, 2014

IRIS active alert system for hunters. Field demo








Interesting technology from New Zealand.
Another back up to reduce mistaken for game shootings, but certainly not to be relied on. I think it may be more valuable as a reminder to keep your muzzle in a safe direction with in your hunting group.
The most compelling argument against it's use is not all hunters will have the sensors needed to make it work. and non-hunters even more so. But, that was the argument used against hunter orange, and it has definitely reduce shooting related hunting accidents.


Watch IRIS in action

IRIS contribution to safe hunting

8 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff. I can see a real benefit for this in places like hunting clubs or family camps where you can coordinate with the other hunters.

    Wish I'd had more time at SHOT this year to explore more of the technology... good and bad. There's a lot of new gadgets out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just over at your blog - looks like you found some interesting stuff. SHOT is to much of a zoo for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHOT is a mad house, Eric, no doubt about it. But it's a good opportunity to network with industry folks, and you'll see stuff you never even imagined (and a lot of stuff you will wish you had imagined).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad to locate so much of informative data in your blog. huntingforbinoculars.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. I found it super helpful and liked the idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I’ll book mark this blog for future references
    Great information. Thanks for providing us such a useful information about hunting safety system

    ReplyDelete
  7. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! Best Carbon Arrows For Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  8. This text is worth everyone’s attention. How can I find out more? Really great news!!! this information is well worth looking everyone. Good tips.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    300 Blackout for hunting

    ReplyDelete